Thursday, February 22, 2007

Celebration!


birthday cupcake, originally uploaded by Mighty nice.

After talking about it long enough I'm finally putting this blog together. I keep finding myself wanting to organize the things that inspire me, things I want to do--endless lists! As this is my little girl's birthday, I figured I'd make it my little blog's birthday too!

Every year she tries to come up with some cute idea for her cake and the treats she brings to school...and every year I end up spending a whole lot of time struggling through the frosting mess. I have to admit, when I was still covered in frosting at midnight I wistfully thought of the cheap little cupcakes neatly tucked into their boxes just waiting for me to scoop them up at the store. Of course it's totally worth it though--she loves the attention she gets at school from her classmates because very few kids come with anything homemade anymore. Plus, she said her friends think I'm a totally cool mom. Hee!

This little lion is dark chocolate with a peanut butter frosting and crunchy lo mein noodles for the mane. Fortunately no kids in her class have allergies because I didn't even think about it when I was making them---I'm still cool though, right?

No comments: