Monday, March 5, 2007

Let's Go Bowling!

With our living space significantly diminished, we couldn't have a birthday party for the child in our house and we couldn't count on the weather enough to plan a party outdoors. It seems like there's a growing amount of competition among parents to throw these lavishly themed parties and I certainly don't want to get in that race, but I have to say that after this weekend I have a greater appreciation for packaged parties. And also, 3rd graders are crazy. (Never put kazoos in gift bags)
I skipped the cake because we already did the time consuming cupcakes and opted for cookies instead. I couldn't resist decorating them though--the black frosting stained everyone's teeth.
Overall, pretty good time. Most of the kids were bowling better than I!

No comments: