Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Snowscreen

If I had a loft or a wide open space, I couldn't stop myself from slapping some screens around to partition off areas. After thinking about the partitions in that last post, I am convinced that we could really use some cool screens to divide out our work space from our home space, maybe even to incorporate in our work. I really love what this photographer and designer has produced:

image from Mark Finzel.

Isn't this an interesting idea? I like the photograph he used, but more than that, I like that it allows light through it. The craziest part? The color changes depending on the type of light passing through it, whether it's natural or artificial. It is amazing to me how drastically the color is affected in a photograph by the lighting and the lengths you have to go to in order to "correct" the color before the shot is even taken. As a photographer/designer, this guy managed to put all that together.

No comments: