Monday, February 26, 2007

Crock pot cookin'

I have very little luck with eggplant. I love them, I buy them and then I usually let them languish in the fridge until they are no good. A few months ago I finally got a crock pot and found a great recipe for eggplant but I've only made it twice. I bought another eggplant this weekend with the intention of making the camponata again but it wasn't until I found a call to arms at Shelteriffic that I actually did it!
This is super easy:

I peeled and chopped one eggplant, added 1/4c olive oil, 1/4c balsamic vinegar, 1/2c red wine, 1 chopped onion, 2 cans of diced tomatoes ( I use one with chilies and one italian style), some capers, some garlic, salt, basil.

This should be set at high for 4 hours, but just before time is up, I stir in a bunch of grated carrots. And...ta da!

We're serving this over pasta this time but I've used thick toasted bread before--with some cheese, of course!

No comments: